- The information that’s required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share.
- Required information such as your name, email address, birthday, and gender. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
- Usernames and User IDs, which are a way to identify you on Healthier Minds. A User ID is a string of numbers and a username generally is some variation of your name.
- “Public Information” which means the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available.
- Information posted to a group chat or moderated session and information kept within a one on one session.
- “Contact Information” is personal information and or family/friend/relation that Healthier Minds stores confidentially for your Therapist to access in case of an emergency or mental health crisis.
- Information Healthier Minds receives on forms, including, but not limited to, identifying information such as address, telephone number, e-mail address related to customer projects;
- Banking information for billing purposes; such as account # and routing information for invoicing purposes Information Healthier Minds Collects for Employees and Sub-Contractors Federal law requires us to obtain, verify, and record personal information – such as your name, address and date of birth – in order to confirm your identity, social security number and banking information. Healthier Minds collects, retains, and uses PI from employees and subcontractors including the following:
- Information Healthier Minds receives on applications or other forms, including, but not limited to, identifying information such as address, telephone number, e-mail address, social security number, date of birth, mother’s maiden name, medical history;
- Federal Tax ID #;
- Medical records;
- Investment information;
- Background security checks Information Healthier Minds may share.
Healthier Minds is a “DBA” used by Healthier Minds Inc. who runs the site and keeps the Data.We keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies or during an emergency circumstance as judged by your Therapist working with local authorities). Generally, we only use your information within our company. However, sometimes we use third parties to process your information (for example as credit card payment providers). We require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and we require that they not use your personal information for their own business purposes. The Uses of the Collected Data by Healthier Minds Healthier Minds uses non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our Web site and to use in research and trend analysis. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our Web site, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out a site survey or form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals. We only provide data to our partners, if any, after we have removed your name and any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people’s data in a way that it no longer personally identifies you. Healthier Minds uses non-identifying (De-Identified or “Safe Harbor” form) and aggregate information about responses to the clinical outcome assessments (personal assessments), and the frequency of the utilization of the Healthier Minds service. These efforts enhance program evaluation. The anonymous and aggregated data also may be published through various media platforms/academic journals. No personal identifying information is tied to the results, and Healthier Minds does not share anything that could be used to identify your account or your private information. From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will contact you before we use your data for these new purposes to notify you of the policy change and to provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. Healthier Minds stores data only for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above and for legal protections or as required by applicable laws and regulations. Healthier Minds may enable access to public information that has been shared through our services. Healthier Minds may allow service providers to access information so they can help us provide services. IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and to analyze and improve the services offered on our website, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Certain information is needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account. Some forms of processing (sending promotional information, commercial profiling, behavioral advertising, geo-location, etc.) may require the express consent of the User. Specific information may be shown on the pages of the Site in connection with particular services or processing of Data provided by the Site User. Upon request we provide site visitors with access to a description of information that we maintain about them. HealthierMinds.com uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at addresses or phone number below. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos you specifically grant HealthierMinds.com a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty- free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with HealthierMinds.com (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. This Paragraph does NOT apply to photos, images or other videos shared ONLY with your Therapist in your private “Room” on the Platform. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others). Disclosure of Personal Information We do not share nonpublic personal information about our customers (present, former and potential) with anyone, except as required by law, or as follows:
- To computer services consultants and technicians or other security consultants, in order to ensure the confidentiality and security of customer & employee records;
- To financial service providers or consultants to carry out requested services, and/or to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability;
- To independent auditors or consultants in order to carry out institutional risk control;
- To government or regulatory agencies, including self-regulatory organizations and to comply with a legal summons, court order, subpoena or a similar legal process, audit or investigation;
- To swap data repositories Protection: How We Protect Personal Information We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information as part of their job responsibilities. We also educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy through standard operating procedures, special training programs, and our Code of Conduct. We take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee privacy responsibilities. We have developed precautions that comply with federal regulations to ensure the security and confidentiality of customer records and information, to guard against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such records, and to protect against unauthorized access to or use of such records or information which could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to our customers or our employees. Healthier Minds maintains strict information security procedures, including physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, to protect the confidentiality of your information. We conduct semi-annual Risk Privacy Assessments and remediate to update our technology to improve the protection of information storage. We protect nonpublic personal information by
- Restricting access to customer information to only those personnel for whom the information is necessary;
- Entering into written confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements with third party service providers for certain disclosures;
- Maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations; and
- Conducting a Security Training and Awareness training program to communicate and educate employees about information security policies and procedures in order to make them aware of their roles and responsibilities in safeguarding information resources.
- Healthier Minds uses firewall barriers and digital certifications to maintain the security of your online session and information.
- We do not collect any non-public personal information about visitors on our website, unless information is provided to us voluntarily or derived from website navigation and usage of the Healthier Minds website and online platforms.
- To any person when you authorize such disclosure;